Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I nearly killed myself again


This time I was racing back from Sydney in Friday afternoon traffic - I'd been up there taking the boat around to Adam,the shipwright at Balmain Boatyard so he could do some work on her over the weekend. After an hour creeping along at 0 to 10 kph we squeezed in single file past a pile up where a truck had rear ended a car and slammed it into the two cars in front of it - amazing wreckage - and then everyone sped up to top speed. I was momentarily distracted and when I looked up everyone was screeching to a halt and I was headed at high speed for the back of a truck in front of me - slammed on the brakes and screeched to a shudderring stop with literally centremetres to spare. Those ABS brakes are amazing - they lock and unlock the wheels at high speed so the car doesnt slide - it judders and shudders and shakes and you feel a powerful vibration through your foot which is trying to push the brake peddle out the other side of the car!


Theres so many things I want to write about - theres a debate tonight that you can watch on http://www.smh.com.au/ - the Sydney Herald web site - at 1845hrs local time - the subject is "The World would be a Better Place without Religion". Its one in a series of debates, an earlier subject debated was "China is not fit to host the Olympic Games".


Another subject I want to write about is Global Warming. There was a great Australian Story on ABC TV last night - which you can also watch on the net at www.abc.net.au/austory/ - about a wealthy 62 year old Melbourne businessman who got so concerned about Global Warming last year that he quite his job and launched his own private campaign against the Prime Minister, having decided that the best way to get something done would be to get rid of John Howard.


I'm also working on a blog about the use of magnets for various therapeutic benefits they are supposed to have. I saw an ad on TV for something called Bio Magnetic Therapy and did a bit of reading about it.


Really this Blog today is just to let all my fans know I havnt forgotten you. I would hate it if you both stopped logging on and checking out my site. I'm off to work now but keep reading folks, theres more to come.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have thought a sceptic would be very dubious about the therapeutic uses of magnets! No doubt, readers of the blog eagerly await your findings. On the related subject of electromagnetic radiation, my brother in law has recently moved his bedroom because he has read that having an electrical meter/fuse box located on the exterior wall behind his bed can be responsible for all sorts of ailments because of the high levels of emr so close to his body. I wonder whether this is one of those urban myths or whether there is some truth behind it?